PER-DIEM PHYSICAL THERAPIST NEEDED FOR HOME BOUND PATIENTS!
At Serenity we provide in-home skilled and non-skilled care to patients in the comfort of their own home. Our goal is to make a difference in the lives of patients that are in need of our help. Many researchers have performed studies that indicate patients do heal faster when they are in an environment that is comfortable and trustworthy (their home). At Serenity, we strives to hire the best. It is our mission to promote a professional, excellent and holistic approach to care for our patients in the comfort of their own home. See Service Areas in NJ.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for qualified Per-Diem Physical Therapist! Apply TODAY! Excellent Hourly rates!!!!
Physical therapists provide services that help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities in patients with injury or disease. They restore, maintain, and promote overall fitness and health. Physical therapists are the leaders in the rehabilitation that allows individuals with chronic conditions to return to productive lives. Physical therapists also are key health care team members who address prevention initiatives, such as reducing falls, improving physical activity to mitigate chronic disease and secondary health conditions, and tailoring wellness programs for populations that have chronic conditions and/or disabilities.
Responsibilities and Duties: Physical Therapist Job Duties, included, but not limited to:
• Meets the patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
• Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as nonmanual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities and in using assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
• Administers physical therapy treatments by giving massages; initiating traction; applying physical agents; utilizing hydrotherapy tanks and whirlpool baths, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines; directing treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
• Evaluates effects of physical therapy treatments and fit of prosthetic and orthotic devices by observing, noting, and evaluating patient’s progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
• Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
• Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Develops physical therapy staff by providing information; developing and conducting in-service training programs.
Qualifications and Skills: Our idea candidate would have:
• NJ License
• Board Certification
• Current Child Abuse Clearances
• Current CPR certificates or be able to obtain within 3 months
• Physical ability to lift and transfer children (minimum of 25 lbs.)
• Basic computer experience (Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.)
• Completion of an affiliation/internship experience
• Able to work well with others, in a fun, relaxed, and friendly environment
• Be able to bring fresh new ideas and a vision to make an already great practice even better!
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Physiological Knowledge, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Motivating Others, Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Bedside Manner, Clinical Skills, Pain Management, Persistence, Energy Level.
• Flexible scheduling
• Bi-weekly pay
• Industry-leading pay rates
• Providing one-to-one care in the home
Job Type: Per-Diem/Part-Time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job entails possible occasional exposure to body fluids which can contain blood-borne pathogens. This position may entail possible exposure to hazardous material including liquid or gaseous oxygen. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally exert up to 50 pounds of force, and/or a significant amount of force frequently or consistently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move patients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Competitive Hourly Rate
• Bi-Weekly pay
• 24-hour support from our friendly staff
• Recognition and rewards for providing services with dedication and compassion
• Flexible schedules – Create your own work schedule based on the various cases we have available right now
*DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers*
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.